Chidren #26 Spring is in the AirOn March 20, 2012 by Lori
Spring Showers bring May Flowers
Orange County enjoyed a nice rainfall these past few days….I wish we had more! Warmer temperatures are in our future and the promise of new life are all on the horizon as the first day of spring starts today, Tuesday, March 20, 2012.
A Spring Tradition has us visiting The Flower Fields® in Carlsbad, California. They are open March 1 – May 13, 2012 and are a sight to see!
Best Times to Visit
- The best time to visit is on a weekday afternoon.
- School children are hosted on weekday mornings.
- Weekends are very busy but offer the most activities and events. Arrive before 10AM to avoid the traffic congestion, parking hassle and long ticket lines. If you can not visit before 10AM on weekends, buy your tickets online. Otherwise, bring lots of patience!
What to Expect
- The Rose Garden is home to winners of the All-American Rose Selections dating back to 1940. Find the winning roses for the year you were born.
- Enter the Maze of Sweet Peas. Finding your way out is not as easy as it looks. You will probably have to rely on fellow visitors to help find your way out.
- Workers will be out in the fields cutting flowers. It’s interesting to watch how quickly they can cut, wrap, and place a price tag on flowers for shipment around the country.
- Wear sunscreen and comfortable shoes you don’t mind getting a little dusty. Don’t forget your camera!
- There is a small children’s play area with colorful fort for the kids and benches for the parents.
- You will exit through the Armstrong Garden Center where you can buy flowers and many other products made in the local area including strawberry jam.
Prices: $11.00 for Adults, $10.00 for Seniors 60+, $6.00 for Children 3 – 10,
Children 2 and under are Free
Season Passes: $22.00 for Adults, $20.00 Seniors 60+, $12.00 for Children 3 – 10
Wagon Rides: $5.00 for Adults, $3.00 for Children 3 – 10
Information Line: (760) 431-0352
They offer fun events throughout the season, here are a few fun ones I recommend:
Fairies, gnomes, and princesses! Join them for a fairy parade at 11:00am and 1:00pm by the Animal Cracker Conspiracy.
Join in on Kid’s Day at The Flower Fields ®, a day full of fun activities for kids like arts and crafts, face painting and Ronald McDonald! There’s also a sweet pea maze, Santa’s playground and live music! Don’t miss this great day full of fun for kids!
The official start of spring -enjoy it’s beauty! It will last until June 19, when the summer sun sets in.
- January 2022
- July 2016
- August 2014
- July 2014
- April 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011